Friday, August 8, 2014

Packing, U-locks, and Nothing.

Packing.

I can’t count how many times I’ve gotten on a plane in one country and gotten off in another. It’s always somewhat stressful to land in a new place, but even more so when that sort of traveling has not happened in a while. The worst part about packing for this trip is I keep remembering things I should take, then forgetting what it was I had remembered.

 photo DSC02334.jpg

Long term gear review: Rhode Gear Gorilla U-Lock

What is there to really say? I bought this in 1991 to lock up my old Raleigh mountain bike, and used it thousands of times since. I’d keep using it, but after so much locking and unlocking the key has lost all of its grooves and is essentially round. It still works, kinda, but someday soon it will probably quit me, and I don’t want that to happen in the “lock” position.

 photo DSC02333.jpg

Bottom line: a worthwhile purchase. Rhode Gear, however, seems to have gone out of the lock business.

 photo DSC02329.jpg

Slow time.

What’s this? A weekend with no objectives? Feels weird. Just picking blueberries and watching the current.

 photo DSC02301.jpg

No comments: